As summer rapidly approaches, take advantage of its first long weekend by celebrating Memorial Day in Denver. Here are some things to do in and around the metropolitan area.
- You can honor the veterans who served our country and protected our many freedoms by attending the 2018 Veterans Memorial Day Tribute near Denver’s state capitol (at the POF Hall). This free event will feature many public leaders and will honor our local service men and women and their families.
- After the tribute, head downtown for an enormous block party on 16th street. The Denver Day of Rock is a musical event sponsored by Amp the Cause in order to help children in our community. Rock ‘n Roll your way through the Pedestrian Mall, do some afternoon shopping, and grab a delicious dinner out!
- Still not quite ready to leave downtown? No problem. Grab tickets to comedian Bill Maher’s performance in The Buell Theater on Saturday night.
- The Denver Arts Festival lasts the entire Memorial Day weekend in Stapleton’s Conservatory Green Neighborhood. Bring the family and enjoy a day of local and national craftsmanship.
- Go, Rockies! They are playing in town all weekend and throughout the following week. Does it get any more American than baseball? We think not, unless there’s apple pie involved.