It’s hard to believe that spring is nearly upon us. March 20th is the first day of spring which means that warmer weather is just around the corner! Get a jump on spring around your home and consider tackling some of these tasks:
1. Clean and organize your kitchen and pantry – clear all surfaces and shelves and give them a thorough cleaning. Discard any old or out-of-date items and then re-organize and replace items grouped by use.
2. Launder curtains, slip covers, pillow shams and duvet covers. Also consider having area rugs professionally cleaned to remove any dirt and grime collected during the winter.
3. Once the weather warms up, clear out winter-specific clothing items from your closets and place them in storage for the warm weather months.
4. Clean your outdoor living spaces. Give floors a sweep, clean off tables, and give your outdoor furniture a good washing.
5. Test your sump pump. Now is a great time to make sure that your sump pump is operating properly. Unsure how to do this? Check out this video tutorial!
6. Replace batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Experts suggest doing this every 6 months.
7. Install a new furnace filter. This task should be tackled once a month. With the temperature fluctuations that can occur during late winter and spring, your furnace works extra hard. Keep it operating at its best with a clean filter. Check out this video to learn how to replace your filter.
Are you ready to sell your home and move into the home of your dreams? Now is a great time to consider Heritage Hills. We have a stunning ranch home ready for immediate move in at 9452 E. Winding Hill Avenue. For a limited time, this home features a $25,000 buyer incentive which may be used toward your personal selection of: custom master bedroom closets, custom pantry closet, plantation shutters/blinds, front entry iron gate, fully finished garage with epoxy floors, built-in outdoor grill, or additional landscaping/fencing. Don’t wait, take advantage of this opportunity today, contact Craig Penn via e-mail or call 303-706-0466 to schedule a showing.