Grab some white vinegar (extra points for using distilled white wine vinegar) and tackle your spring cleaning list with confidence. This ubiquitous and all-natural product works wonders on germs, laundry stains, and much more. Here are some ideas to try out around the house this spring.
- Vinegar will kill bathroom germs. Simply spray it on floors, countertops, and other surfaces and wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Similarly, this all-natural solution will clean dirty faucets: combine one teaspoon of vinegar with two teaspoons of salt. Rub the paste on faucets and sink fixtures, then simply rub off with a cloth.
- Make fresh flowers last longer by adding 2 tablespoons of vinegar along with 2 tablespoons of sugar to the water mixture. Change the water out and add this product every couple of days if/when the water becomes cloudy.
- Combine 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar with 1 cup of water to create a hair rinse that will get rid of excess build up and restore shine.
- Brighten coffee and tea cups by scrubbing them with one part vinegar and one part salt (or baking soda). Check out this list of 45 vinegar uses for more natural cleaning and polishing tips.
- Remove bumper stickers by saturating them with vinegar before scraping them off.
- This DIY vinegar cleaning list provides tips about removing carpet stains and eliminating bacteria and odor from pet stains.