As summer comes to an end and schedules fill up with school- and work-related activities, you may be wondering how to meet your fitness goals. Here are some tips and options to help you finish 2017 with a strong exercise regimen.
OUTDOOR FITNESS OPTIONS
- Check out the trails in Bluffs Regional Park. The entire area offers beautiful views of the Front Range to keep you motivated while you walk, hike, or run. Try out the convenient 2.7 mile loop trail, or for more of a fitness challenge, check out the trail connections to South Suburban Parks & Rec sections or Highlands Ranch sections.
- In addition to walks and hikes, how about a Halloween run? Hoofin’ It Through the Hollows 5K welcomes runners of all ages and abilities – and dogs! – to dress in their costumes and join in the fun while getting some exercise on October 21. They offer great prizes (and shirts), and the post party includes s’more roasting and a beer garden.
- Take your favorite activity to the next level by joining a running or cycling club. There are many available in the greater Lone Tree area.
INDOOR FITNESS OPTIONS
- Get your little zombies moving at the Family Sports Center Zombie Fest. On October 21, they are offering a Zombie hunt laser tag challenge and an inflatable obstacle course in addition to the eXerGame Zone, bumper cars, and climbing wall.
- Your active lifestyle sets a good example for the kids; as they watch you go to the gym, they may want one of their own. The Little Gym of Park Meadows offers just that!
- F.I.T. Park Meadows boasts that they offer “the hardest workout you’ve ever done.” Home of the original F.I.T. workout, their programs and classes are designed to burn up to 900 calories per hour!